Not currently on the shelf, but we can order it, to pick up in store or have shipped from our remote warehouse.
A NEW, 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF THIS BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE
HAWAII the BIG ISLAND TRAILBLAZER: Where to Hike, Snorkel, Surf, Tour
ISBN: 979-8832725758; ASIN B0BZX5HFHZ
You'll want the new edition.
A guide for families and outdoor adventurers alike, the 2019 Big Island Trailblazer takes you to all of the island's famous attractions, as well as its hidden spots. It has been updated to include all the changes caused by the 2018 Kilauea eruption.
Nearly twice the size of all the Hawaiian Islands combined, the Big Island presents a challenge to adventure travelers with limited time. Trailblazer comes to the rescue with its trademark organization and clear directions for . . .
- 166 hikes and strolls: the peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, the shores of Waipio Valley and Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, rain forests and tropical gardens, waterfalls, petroglyph fields, and the Kona Coast
- 75 snorkeling and swimming spots including remote hike-to specials
- 39 surfing spots: boards, bodyboarding, SUP and body surfing
- 24 bike trails for adventure cyclists: mountain, coastal, forest, pasture
- 25 campgrounds and rustic cabin hideawaysHawaii the Big Island
Trailblazer also includes . . .
- 9 maps keyed to the trails
- 200 photos
- A 'Trailblazer Kids' section for adventuring families
- A 'Best Of' section that lets you pick the right activity for the right day
- Resource Links with hand-picked accommodations and restaurants, recreational outfitters, transportation, and visitor information
- Hawaiian culture and history museums, attractions and shopping
- Driving tours to the Parker Ranch and Kohala Coast, Hilo and the Heritage Coast, and Kona coffee country
- Safety tips and trip-planning advice
(Please note: This is the 4th edition of this title; more than 75 reviews have been posted on Amazon.)