1. What is your favorite Fred Astaire routine? Mine is I'd Rather Lead a Band from Follow the Fleet — although it's impossible to choose. If you'd rather, answer this: do you prefer the elegant top-hatted Astaire or the rolled-up sleeves, hard working hoofer?
I fell for the top-hatted Fred but grew to appreciate more the rolled-up sleeved Fred. But Dancing in the Dark with Cyd Charisse is one of my favs.
2. Your feelings about the Princes are complicated and fascinating. Which Prince do you like best at the moment? (Romeo can be a prince too, for this question.)
All the Princes have a valid place in the repertoire. But personally, Romeo is everything. Human. Naive. Living life in the present moment.
3. In what major way is a Bolshoi company class different from company class at ABT?
Bolshoi does everything in the ballet technique in an hour. ABT is slower, with more time to study.
4. As a bookseller it was gratifying to read that you love books, and your home is full of stacks of books. Please name a favorite book from 1. childhood 2. teenage years 3. adulthood
1. From the Mixed Up Files of Ms. Basil E. Frankwiler by EL Konigsburg
2. Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
3. Chance and Circumstance: Cunningham and Cage by Carolyn Brown
5. What comes to mind when you hear the word Hoboken?